New for 2018 - Everything Damascus will host four Flea Markets in 2018!
May 5 - DHS Parking Lot 8am-2pm
June 9 - DHS Parking Lot 8am-2pm
August 25 - WEIS Parking Lot (in the corner near the old Capital One Bank building) 8am-2pm
October 20 - Damascus Harvest Festival & Local Business Fair 10am-4pm
Please Note: The October 20th Flea is part of the Damascus Harvest Festival and Local Business Fair that is held each year at the Fireman's Activity Grounds on Lewis Drive in Damascus. This is the only date that is not held at Damascus High School.
Early or Late?
You will find the best selection in the morning but waiting until the afternoon may help you grab the best price when vendors are looking to unload for the day!
DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK FOR A DISCOUNT
Here's the thing. If something is priced fairly then don't try and haggle for a lower price. Having said that, most buyers and sellers know that negotiating is a tool of the trade when it comes to Flea Markets. Don't be afraid to ask a vendor for a lower price. There are two types of vendors at Flea Markets. First, those that are just trying to get rid of their personal stuff. Then there are people who this is their business and they need to make a profit. Please keep this in mind when asking for a lower price.
Bring a Rolling Bag or Cart
This is a must for serious Flea Market shoppers. This is one item you should never forget to bring.
NEWSPAPERS AND BUBBLE WRAP
Sometimes vendors will run out. If you are purchasing collectibles you will want to protect them. Nothing like being prepared...just in case. TAPE MEASURE AND SWATCHES You will want to make sure it fits and matches. Tip: preparation is key to a successful find.
CASH Don't leave home without it. Most vendors prefer cash over checks. A few may take credit cards but that should never be a given.
We would love it if you would help spread the word! Please share the Damascus Flea info with all your family, friends & neighbors! You can find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
According to the National Flea Market Association
Head on over to our registration link for all of the details. Still have questions? Email us using the link below.
1. Is there a fee to visit the Flea market? Absolutely not!
2. Will there be food and drinks available? Yes, we will have food vendors / trucks on site. Participation may vary each week.
3. Will you have different vendors each time? We will have new and repeat vendors at each event.
4. What happens if it rains? The event is rain or shine. If the weather is too bad we will cancel for that month.
5. I have questions specific to being a vendor. Where can I get help? First, check out our Vendor information and registration page. The link is to the left. If we still haven't answered your question please email us at DamascusFlea@gmail.com. We will get back to you within 48 hours.
We are glad to help! Just use the link below and send us a message. We will get back to you within 48 hours.
A subsidiary of Local Leaders, LLC
PO Box 202
Damascus, MD 20872